About The Department
Nothing is exciting in these times as the field of Computer Science. Being close to India’s Silicon Valley, young bright students are eager to pursue their graduation courses in this field. Ever since its inception in 1997, the Department has been a pioneering academic center for under graduation and post-graduation in the areas of Computer Science Engineering. It has assiduously pursued its mission of carrying out leading edge facilities in both foundational and Industry oriented problems.
The department is well equipped with good infrastructure such as latest computers, Laboratory Equipment's, 10 MBPS leased line connection & Wi-Fi Internet connectivity and well qualified faculty members.
The academic programs of the Department are highly innovative and keenly sought after. The Department has trained more than a thousand engineers who have distinguished themselves as leading academicians, industry professionals, and entrepreneurs in several universities and industries in India and abroad.
DR. RAVIKUMAR V
B.E., M.Tech., Ph.D.
Professor and Head
Department of Computer Science and Engineering
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering shall create professionally competent and socially responsible engineers capable of working in global environment.
- Promote best practices in teaching-learning, with dedicated staff and supportive infrastructure to create technically competent engineers.
- Inculcate ethical and cultural values, communication and Entrepreneurial skills
- Provide exposure of tools and technologies necessary to pursue higher education and research.
- Improve Industry-Institute relationship for mutual benefit
Program Educational Objectives (PEO's)
PEO1. Perform successfully in various technical and managerial roles.
PEO2. Communicate proficiently and work effectively in multi-disciplinary environments.
PEO3. Adapt to technological advancements by engaging in continuous learning towards professional excellence.
PEO4. Successfully pursue higher education and research in leading institutions.
Program specific outcomes (PSO)
Students graduating from the Department of Computer Science and Engineering will
PSO1.Apply algorithmic principles and computer science theory to perform complexity analysis in the modeling and design of computer, computer networks and computer-based systems using appropriate tools and techniques.
PSO2. Design efficient data models & databases for challenging applications.
PSO3. Demonstrate proficiency in design, development and testing software applications to comply with system specifications.
Program Outcomes (PO’s) based on NBA graduate attributes
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
1. Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering, fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Create, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional Engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in Multi-disciplinary environments.
12. Lifelong learning: Recognise the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning in the broadest context of technological change.
About the Course
Computer science programs typically centers primarily around theory and software, with only some hardware, upper division courses tend to allow a lot of freedom to specialize in software and theory related areas (e.g. algorithms, artificial intelligence, cryptography/security, graphics/visualization, numerical and symbolic computing, operating systems/distributed processing, software engineering).
Newly setup state-of-art laboratories like
- Computer System Software & operating system Lab
- Computer design & analysis of Algorithms Lab
- Unix system & Web programming Lab
- Networks Lab
- Computer Graphics Lab
- Database Application Lab
- Microprocessor Lab
- Data Structures with C/C++ Lab
- Analog & Digital Electronics lab
- R&D/Project Lab
- – Seminar Hall fitted with AC and audio visual equipment
- – CCTV surveillance in entire Computer Science block
- – Department has a recognized VTU Research Center
- – Lecture halls equipped with multimedia Projectors , CCTV& impartus Video Lecture recording
- – Tutorial Rooms equipped with multimedia Projectors , CCTV& impartus Video Lecture recording
HOD’s Room, Faculty Rooms & Department Office
- – Established Dept. Library to cater the needs of students with more than 1000 volumes
- Department of CSEhas signed a MoU with iQUEST Technologies, Mysuru.
- Department of CSE has signed a MoU with CodeTantra Tech Solutions Pvt Ltd.
Technical Talks organized by Department
|Sl.No||Resource Person with Training Company Name||Title||Participants(Semester) with Number||Date||No. of Hours|
|1||Dr. Aisha M. Sheriff (Dean, FoC, University of Mysore and Professor, Bahadur Institute of Management Sciences).||Management & Entrepreneurship”||V-135||06-09-17||3 Hours|
|2||Mr. Chaitanya Kidambi Ravi, Technical lead, R&D, Nokia Network Solutions, Bengaluru.||Advanced JAVA & J2EE||V-89||16-09-17||2 Hours|
|3||Dr. Raghuveer ( Professor & Head of the Department of Information Science & Engineering, N.I.E, Mysore).||Computer Organization||III-140||04-10-17||2 Hours|
|4||. Prashanth Narayan (Broadcom Pvt. Ltd, Bangalore).||Biasing FET & Analog to Digital Converter||III-145||07-10-17||1 Hour|
|5||Mr. Prashanth Narayan (Senior DFT engineer at Broadcom Pvt Ltd, Bangalore).||Application of C Programming Language||I-150||07-10-17||3 Hours|
|6||Mr. Wasim, Software Engineer Emertxe Solution,Bengaluru.||Embeded Systems||VII-75||07-10-17||2 Hours|
|7||Prof. A M Padma Reddy from Bangalore||Data Structures and Applications||III-140||11-11-17||3 Hours|
|8||Prof. A M Padma Reddy from Bangalore||FLAT||V-150||11.11.2017||4 Hours|
Workshops organized by Department
|Resource Person with Training Company Name||Title||Participants(Semester) with Number||Date||No. of Days|
|1||Mr Hariesh V Mekali, he is a prof in BMS college Banglore||Introduction to Arm7 Programming on KEIL IDE”.||VII-41||8.09.2017 to 9.9.2017||Two Days|
|2||Mr. Vinay Raj M U, Technical Head, Creative Tech Learning & Certification Institute, Bengaluru.||Two-Day workshop on “Dot Net Framework Application Development||V-94||8.09.2017 to 9.9.2017||Two Days|
|3||Mr. Vinay Raj M U and Rajesh N, Technical Head, Creative Tech Learning & Certification Institute||Two-Day workshop on “CLOUD COMPUTING” on||V-94||06.10.2017||One Day|
|4||Prof. Gururaj H L
Dept. of CS&E
|Network Simulator-2||V-70||14.10.2017 to 15.10.2017||Two Days|
|5||Mr. Vinay Shovin, Founder and Program Manager, Inspy Technologies Bengaluru||WEB DEVELOPMENT||VII-60||25.10.2017 to 26.10.2017||Two Days|
|6||In house Faculty Members||ANDROID APPLICATION DEVLOPMENT||V”A’ – 60||27.10.2017 to 28.10.2017||Two Days|
|7||In house Faculty Members||ANDROID APPLICATION DEVLOPMENT||V ‘B’ – 60||29.10.2017 to 30.10.2017||Two Days|
FDP organized by Department
- Five day FDP onAndroid Application Development was organized inassociation with VTU, Belagavi and Google India Pvt. Ltd a from 28th August to 1st September, 2017.
- Three-day faculty development program on “NETWORK SIMULATOR- 2”from 17th to 19th August 2017
Industrial Visits from the ECE department
- 5th semester Students visited BSNL RTTC, Mysuru on Friday, 27-10-2017
- 21 students of 7th semester have been placed in campus interview conducted by various companies.
- 1 out of Four final year BE projects was sponsored by KSCST.
- Srinidhi H S and Piyanka B V of 5th semester attended the “TEXPARK – 2017” and have won 1st prize in Poster Presentation at GSSSIETW, Mysuru
RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT
The department has sought permission to establish R & D centre in the academic year 2014-15.
Wireless Inter Networking Group(WING) at VVCE, Mysuru is a community where people work for the uplift of research in the area of networking. WING mainly focuses on Computer Networks, Network Security, Protocol Design and Implementation, Internet of Things, and Cloud Computing.
Android and IOS LAB
|1||Dr. Ravi Kumar V||Professor and Head||VVCE||Chairman|
|2||Mr. Dinakar||Project leader||Larsen & Toubro||Member|
|3||Mr. Prashanth N||Senior DFT Engineer||Avago Technologies, Bengaluru||Member|
|4||Dr. G Raghavendra Rao||Professor||NIE, Mysuru||Member|
|5||Dr. Vidyaraj C||Professor||NIE, Mysuru||Member|
|6||Dr. K M Anil Kumar||Professor||SJCE, Mysuru||Member|
|7||Mr. Paramesha K||Assoc. Professor||VVCE||Member|
|8||Mrs. Pooja M R||Assoc. Professor||VVCE||Member|
Dr. Ravi Kumar V
Professor and Head
Department of Computer Science and Engineering
Vidyavardhaka College of Engineering
P.B.No.206, Gokulam III Stage,
Mysuru – 570002, Karnataka, INDIA
Phone: 0821 4276230
Email Id: email@example.com