About The Department
The Department of Business Administration was started in the year 2008 with the objective of giving quality education and to enable the student community to take up responsibility of building managerial skills with a view to moulding them for managerial positions in the industry. Since its inception, the department stands as one among the best Management Schools in Mysuru, providing excellent academic delivery and infrastructure to students. The department offers two years full time MBA programmes with dual specialization in streams of Finance, Marketing and Human Resources.
The ambiance and serenity of a world-class infrastructure housed in a 'green' campus; faculty who have proven themselves in their respective fields by providing an excellent blend of rigor and relevance in their teaching; staff who are ever ready to reach out; robust industry interactions; research aimed at solving problems of the real world; a plethora of international collaborative arrangements; outreach activities that touch the lives of a wide cross section of society; and an exemplary track record in career counseling and placement facilitation - all combine to provide a rare synergy that transcends artificial barriers and enables students to follow their hearts with passion and confidence.
The department has interactive audio-visual equipped classrooms for innovative learning sessions. Cutting edge computer labs and laptops for all students with WiFi connections, library has more than 3000 titles and research facility to explore the academic interests of students. To connect with industry, the department organizes study tours to explore globally accepted learning practices, which makes students industry-ready to drive the Corporate World.
The curriculum has been designed keeping in mind the industrial and research needs. Induction of new courses from time to time enables students to keep abreast of latest developments in the field of management. Flexibility in curriculum is provided through electives, seminars, and projects. In addition to these, compulsory courses are offered in such areas as business aptitude and business reporting which is unique feature of this MBA program.
The department is also actively involved in organizing MDP’s, workshops, seminars, training programs and conferences for the benefit of students, researchers, faculty members and industry professionals. Invited eminent experts from academia and industries create further opportunities to share knowledge and work on collaborative projects. The department strives to emulate an academic culture that is on par with the best institutions.
DR. PSV BALAJI RAO
Professor and Head
Department of Business Administration
To be recognized as a center of excellence in management education by creating and realizing Life-changing opportunities for graduates.
To develop value-centered leaders by fostering a conducive environment to disseminate business knowledge and practices that is entrepreneurial in spirit, ethical in focus, and global in orientation.
Some of the facilities provided to students to make them Industry-ready
- Internship wherein students undertake full-time Organizational study and submits the report before the 3rd semester starts.
- Final projects wherein students undertake full – time live projects usually in a professional organization or industries during the 4th trimester.
- SDPs, Seminars, workshops, conferences and training programs for students.
- At least 1 industry visits in each semester.
- Extension lectures by industry experts every third Saturday of a month and a minimum of two such lectures every semester.
- Exposure of domestic and International study tour for 1st and 2nd year students.
- Counselling sessions for all MBA students every Tuesday.
- A management fest is conducted every year and all the nearby business schools are invited to participate thus inspiring a sense of competition among business graduates in general
- Periodic soft skill assessment of the MBA students are carried out to ensure continuous improvement.
- Career counselling and job placement initiatives for students etc.
Business Application Software lab
online resource lab
Technical Talks organized by Department
- A guest lecture on “Strategic Management” was organized on March 18, 2017 for second semester students. Mr.Shama Sunder was the Resource person.
- A guest lecture on “HR Analytics” was organized on April 22, 2017 for fourth semester students. The resource person was Raman
- A guest lecture on “Career Opportunities in Banking Sector” was organised on April 08,2017 for fourth semester students .The resource person was Vikas Gowda –Regional Manager, ICICI Bank Ltd
- A guest lecture on “Corporate Governance and role of corporate secretary in ensuring good corporate governance” was organized on May 4,2017 for fourth semester students.The resource person was C S Manjunath, practising company secretary ,Mysuru
Workshops organized by Department
- One day workshop on “Data Analysis using SPSS & MS Excel” was oragnised and conducted by in-house faculty members on 18th February 2017. More than 60 students from other management institutions participated in the workshop
- A two day workshop on “Student Engagement and Applied Learning” was conducted by Karvy Stock Broking Limited on 5th and 6th May 2017.The workshop covered topics such as corporate actions, fundamental and technical analysis.
FDP organized by Department
- A Two Day Faculty Development Programme on “Research Methodology and Statistical Analysis using SPSS and AMOS” was oragnised by the department on 27th & 28th January, 2017.Faculty members and research scholars from various management institutions in Mysuru and Bengaluru participated in this FDP.
INTERNATIONAL EDUCATIONAL TOUR PROGRAM
- An International educational tour program to Academies Australia and Universal Studio, Singapore was organized for final year management students (2014-16 batch) in the month of July 2016.
Non Teaching Staff
Campus Selected Students
Dr. PSV Balaji Rao
Professor and Head
Department of Business Administration
Vidyavardhaka College of Engineering
P.B.No.206, Gokulam III Stage,
Mysuru – 570002, Karnataka, INDIA
Phone: 0821 4276280
Email Id: email@example.com